Dear NO-Age advisors, national and international members,
We hope you are doing well and have had a great summer in spite of this pandemic.
We would like to give you a summary of the output NO-Age has had so far:
1. A total of more than 50 seminars and meetings have been organized since the opening of NO-Age. This includes recorded public discussions at main Norwegian fora (e.g. https://www.odont.uio.no/forskning/aktuelt/arrangementer/annet/kan-alderdommen-vere-berekraftig.html; https://www.uio.no/forskning/satsinger/livsvitenskap/oslo-life-science-konferansen/aldring) and professional meetings:
- NO-Age inaugural meeting: ‘Workshop «Center of Healthy Aging in the Oslo region, University of Oslo»’, 23 Aug 2018 (pictures below)
- 1st NO-Age Symposium ‘How to promote healthy ageing and happy lives’ 5 Feb 2019, University of Oslo (research) and Litteraturhuset Oslo(public) (https://www.med.uio.no/klinmed/english/research/news-and-events/events/guest-lectures-seminars/2019/the-1st-no-age-symposium-on–how-to-promote-health.html)
- NO-Age organizing meeting: ‘To change the aging population from a burden to an asset…’, 22 Aug 2019, University of Oslo
- 2nd NO-Age Symposium ‘Genomic instability in human brain’ 12 Jun 2019, Akershus University Hospital (https://www.odont.uio.no/english/research/events/2019/genomic-instability-in-human-brain.html)
- 3rd NO-Age Symposium ‘NAD+ in healthy ageing and neurodegenerative disease’ 28 Oct 2019, Akershus University Hospital (https://noage100.com/2019/08/17/nad-meeting) (https://www.med.uio.no/klinmed/english/research/news-and-events/events/guest-lectures-seminars/2019/3rd-no-age-symposium-nad-plus-healthy-ageing-and-nd.html)
- 4th NO-Age Symposium ‘The good the bad and the ugly’, 3 Dec 2020, University of Oslo (https://noage100.com/2020/02/25/the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly) (https://mynoad100.files.wordpress.com/2020/12/edited-4th-no-age_session1.mp4) (https://mynoad100.files.wordpress.com/2020/12/edited-4th-no-age_session2.mp4)
- The NO-Age and NO-AD Seminar Series 001-047… (see item 6.)
2. We have co-organized The 1st NO-AD network meeting (25th Nov. 2020, Norway): https://mynoad100.files.wordpress.com/2020/11/noad-01.mp4
3. We have co-organized The 1st Hong Kong-Nordic Research Network meeting (16-17 June 2021, Hong Kong): https://noad100.com/2021/06/23/success-of-the-1st-hong-kong-nordic-research-network-zoom-meeting/
4. NO-Age (www.noage100.com) with our sister network, the Norwegian National anti-Alzheimer’s disease network (NO-AD, www.noad100.com), have received nearly 10,000 views so far (screen-shots appended).
5. Our NO-Age and NO-AD Joint Venture (@NoAge100) | Twitter account now has 1448 followers, and has developed into a well-recognized platform for dissemination of ageing knowledge and news (screen-shots appended), complemented by our NO-Age and NO-AD Joint Venture (@NOage100) | Facebook scientific web site.
6. Our NO-Age and NO-AD Seminar Series is also receiving enthusiastic responses from the broad ageing community. Our former and forthcoming invited speakers include leaders of the broad ageing and neurodegeneration fields, such as Profs. Mark P. Mattson/NIA and Johns Hopkins University (ageing, AD), John Hardy (UCL, AD), Maria Grazia Spillantini/Cambridge (Tauopathy), Jürgen Götz/University of Queensland (Tau and AD), Charles Brenner/City of Hope National Medical Center (NAD+ and ageing), Nadia Raffaelli/Polytechnic University of Marche (NAD+ metabolism), Joseph Baur/University of Pennsylvania (NAD+ and ageing), Malene Hansen/Sanford (autophagy and ageing), Cass R. Sunstein/Harvard Law School (Ageing society and choices), David Gems/UCL (ageing and longevity), Brian Kennedy/NUS (ageing), Scott A. Small/Columbia (AD), George Martin/UW (Ageing genetics), and Edvard Moser/NTNU (Nobel Laureate, entorhinal cortex and spatial memory). A list of all the forthcoming and past talks: https://noad100.com/meetings-events/
We would like to cordially invite you
1. To take the advantage of the NO-Age (and NO-AD) network to advertise your team, achievements (new papers or awards), and recruitment news. Send an email to Evandro Fang (email@example.com) who will do it for you.
2. To consider to give a talk (zoom or physical based on conditions) in our NO-Age and NO-AD Seminar Series. We also welcome you to nominate any speakers.
3. To consider NO-Age members as a source for your joint or interdisciplinary or international grant applications.
Linda Hildegard Bergersen, Hilde Loge Nilsen, Jon Storm-Mathisen, and Evandro Fei Fang
Evandro Fei Fang presents at NO-Age inaugural meeting, University of Oslo, 23 Aug 2018. (Note: The web site is up.)
Hilde Loge Nilsen presents at NO-Age inaugural meeting, University of Oslo, 23 Aug 2018.
At Linda’s, celebrating the NO-Age inaugural meeting 23 Aug 2018.
The summary in PDF (made by Prof. Jon Storm-Mathisen)